Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Mornings Chat and Chew


Vickie: Do you ever wish you were a lesbian? Don't you think it would be so much easier.

Lelaina: Sometimes. But...ah, I couldn't go through with it. I'd start laughing or something.


Vickie: It's such a shame because I am so through with men. If one more guy walks out on me . I don't even know what. I swear...

Lelaina: What are you talking about? Walk out on you? You walk out on them. I've seen you. You're out the door before the condom comes off.

Vickie: Listen to me. I am just beating them to the punch.


Lelaina: Okay

Vickie: You don't even know. I'm sitting here...maybe...probably dying of AIDS. And I'm totally alone.


Lelaina: Vickie, you're not alone. Hey, I'm sorry for everything I said. and I'm sorry for being such a bitch. But, I have to tell  you–you're not alone. You're not. And you're not dying of AIDS.


Vickie: You don't understand. Everyday...all day, it's all that I think about. Okay. Every time I sneeze, it's like I'm four sneezes away from the Hospice. And it's like it's not even happening to me. It's like I'm watching it on some crappy show like Melrose Place or some shit, right? And I'm the new character. I'm the HIV/AIDS character and I live in the building. And I teach everybody that it's okay to be near me. It's okay to talk to me. And then I die. And there's everybody at my funeral wearing halter tops and chokers or some shit like that.


Lelaina: Vickie, stop. Okay. Just stop. You're freaking out. And you know what, you're gonna have to deal with the results–whatever they are. We're gonna have to deal with them. Just like we've dealt with everything else.

Vickie: But, this isn't like everything else.

Lelaina: I know that. Alright. But, it's gonna be okay, you know? I know it's gonna be okay...
Melrose Place is a really good show.



No comments:

Post a Comment